Video from EDEF 3100 – why I want to be a teacher and how my past has influenced that

For this assignment in EDEF 3100 – History of education, we had to think of an artifact, person, place or thing that made us want to be a teacher and make a video explaining why. I found this assignment a little challenging to pinpoint exactly what made me want to be a teacher, because I’ve known that I wanted to be a teacher for a long time. I settled on talking about my little sister because she is one of the main reason I want to be a teacher.

EDEF 3100 Assignment 2

Science Presentation– picture during activity and multimedia presentation

Picture

• This picture is also from our science presentation and it represents all the different ways that students organize their thinking. This was just one example of a way of thinking, there were many others, but this was a reminder to me that we need to be open minded as teachers to whatever students need to do to be successful. Some of them need to write everything down, some of them need to ask a million questions, some of them need a hands-on activity, and all of those learning styles are equally important and valuable.

Multimedia presentation

EDSC 3200 Multimedia Presentation

• This was the video we made in our science class for our presentation. The topic we chose for this lesson plan was our senses and specifically taste. For activity we mapped our tongues to see if there are specific places on your tongue where you will taste sweet, salty, bitter, and sour stronger. This video is great to have and look back on for when I want to teach it in my own classroom. This assignment was a fun assignment to put together and do with the class, it gave us an idea of what it would be like to do a science experiment/activity in a classroom setting.

Picture with Olivia

This picture is with my little sister, she is one of my main inspirations for life but also for being a teacher. She has mild cerebral palsy, FASD, and severe anxiety, but she always has a huge smile on her face when she sees me, and she can instantly change my mood for the better. She is a constant inspiration because she doesn’t let anything stop her from doing what she wants to be able to do. I want to be a teacher because she makes me want to help students who need extra attention or need more specialization. She pushed me to do better and to be a better person for the sake of my future students who need my help.

Reading books

This picture is to represent my love for books, specifically children’s books. Books will be a big part of my classroom and I want them to be something we use every day. Children’s books are something that can be enjoyed by any age group and they can be used for almost everything. I want to start every day by reading a book and choose the books as a class. I want this to be a way that we can connect as a classroom every morning and something that the students look forward to and encourages them to come to school every day.